Friday, August 15, 2014

Be still my heart!

Well, we met our new son on Skype today. Not my first choice for a first impression, but it was aaahhhmazing!  He was so happy, friendly, social, engaging and KYOOOT!  Just as we expected from the video and all the info we have received.  As Matthew said, "Good thing there was an impersonator"  (interpreter), but we were still able to get a good glimpse of his personality.  He started by saying he wished for a family to Christ the King and his wish came true. And, he said mother was "bonita".

Be still, my heart.  My Spanish response popped right out of my mouth: "Tu eres precioso!"  Hopefully there is more of it in my head that will find its way out when we meet him in person.

He treasures the bilingual photo book of our family we made for him.  He read it to us and referenced it throughout the call.  So adorable! 

He says he's all ready to come and live with us.  He wants to spend a day with Father and he wants to learn to ride the scooter with Matthew.  We weren't allowed to tell him exactly when we are coming, but could only say,  "Llegaremos pronto!"

No comments:

Post a Comment